Transfer of Horse's Papers After Lien Sale

When you sell a horse at a lien foreclosure sale, you will want to transfer its registration papers into the name of the buyer at auction, whether that be you or a third party.  Most breed registries have policies and procedures relating to horses purchased in a lien foreclosure. Depending on the breed registry, you will be asked to provide certain items such as a notarized affidavit stating that the stableman has complied with the law relating to the foreclosure; a copy of the written notice of the foreclosure sale; a copy of the statute by which the foreclosure was conducted; and a notarized bill of sale from the stableman. If you can provide all of the items requested by the breed registry, you will most likely be able to get the horse’s papers transferred into your name.

Trackbacks (0) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Comments (1) Read through and enter the discussion with the form at the end
barb ziehler - March 29, 2008 4:14 PM

Alison Rowe , Do you have a document that would protect the mare owner selling embryo, ie number of trys, return $$, try in the following year , not responcible for any charges other than ?? I' m obviously just starting to sell my mare's embryo's on a selective basis but want to protect myself financially. I would apreciate any help you could give me. I have an attorney but he is not in the horse business and we know that can be specialzd.Thank you, Barbara Ziehler, Tucson, Az.

Post A Comment / Question Use this form to add a comment to this entry.

Remember personal info?