The National Conference on Equine Law will be held at the Embassy Suites in Lexington, Kentucky from Wednesday, May 2, 2012 to Thursday, May 3, 2012.
The Kentucky Oaks and the Kentucky Derby will take place in Louisville, Kentucky on the following Friday and Saturday, respectively.
Topics to be covered at the 2012 Conference include:
- Annual Case Law Update for the Equine Law Attorney
- Current Employment Law Issues in the Equine Industry
- Race-Day Medication Bans and the Legal Issues Surrounding Them
- The Uncertain State of "Amateur Status in the Sport Horse Industry and Other Legal Issues in Representing and Advising Horse Associations
- Choice of Entity Law for the Equine Industry
- How to Develop, Maintain, and Grow an Equine Law Practice
- Annual Federal Legislative Update for the Equine Law Attorney
- Tax Law Update for the Equine Practitioner
- The World of Cloning and Embryo Transfer Issues in the Equine Industry
- Fiduciary Litigation in Equine Matters
- Ethics for the Equine Lawyer
- Equine Insurance Issues for First and Third Party Coverage
- Legal Issues Surrounding the Role of Racing Stewards
Registration for the Conference is still open. A registration form can be downloaded here.
If you plan on attending the Conference, I hope to see you in Lexington!
I will post highlights of the speaker presentations on the Equine Law Blog next week. Stay tuned.